After a successful sale of your property, the real estate commission is shared among all who assisted in this important transaction.
Generally, the commission is divided four ways: to the listing broker, the listing agent, the selling broker and the selling agent. In recognition of the important roles each played in the sale of your property, each is compensated by a percentage of the commission.
- All property advertising
- Advertising and Marketing of their services
- Marketing materials and direct mail
- “For Sale” signs and installation
- Supra Key lock boxes
- Open house signs
- Market Link Realty Recorded Information Service
- MLS access fees
- Computer hardware and software
- Cell phone and fax fees
- Postage and courier fees
- Business cards, stationary, and office supplies
- Business insurance, self employment tax
- Continuing education courses
- Monthly office expenses
- Licensing fees
- Realtor association dues
- E & O Insurance
Did You Know?
- Sales associates are self-employed, and receive no salary or benefits. They get no paid vacation time, insurance, company cars or expense accounts from the firm they work with.
- Sales associates are only paid for results- if and when they successfully complete a property transaction.
- Market Link Realty sales associates are paid the same whether a buyer purchases a home listed by Market Link Realty or another broker.
- As independent contractors, sales associates have on going out of pocket expenses similar to those of any small business.